Anxiety and Depression are increasingly being felt among Christians…especially in America where you’d think we’d be as happy as larks given how much more we have than most people around the world.
Here are some helpful, free resources for those struggling with depression and anxiety.
- John Piper addresses the topics of fear and anxiety in various messages, podcasts, videos, sermons, and writings. You can also download a .pdf copy of his book “When the Darkness Will Not Lift” free of charge here.
- Pastor Tommy Nelson details his abrupt collapse into clinical depression in this address at Dallas Theological Seminary, along with his selected treatment for depression.
- Pastor Alistair Begg delivers a series of messages on Anxiety and Fear here. Resources from Begg also available here.
- Excellent resources on anxiety and depression from a variety of pastors and resources here
- Dr. Ed Welch addresses the topic of depression adequately here.
- Mark Driscoll speaks on how to fight back against anxiety.
- Megachurch pastor Perry Noble speaks openly about his three year battle with depression, specifically mentioning the causes of depression in his case.
- Martin Lloyd-Jones classic book “Spiritual Depression” is a deep, helpful read.
- Family Life Today has had some good episodes on the topic that are no longer available but may be rerun in the future.
- Words Of Hope For Those Who Struggle With Depression: free download from Dr. Ed Welch.